In 2013, the travel industry is stepping up to the line of scrimmage and blitzing Congress. We’re drafting YOU to be on the team.
Help us build champions in Congress for the travel industry. You have the home field advantage, so we need you to lead this effort in your community. Now is the time to reach out to your congressional delegation – freshmen and incumbents – and drive home the value of travel to your local community, your state, and to the nation.
1. Develop a strategy for turning your legislators into travel champions in the 113thCongress. Use the toolkit at right to help you build a winning strategy.
2. Invite your elected official to participate in a back-of-the-house tour in your community, such as at your convention center during a big conference, at your local airport, or at a busy hotel property.
3. Host a travel roundtable event with your policymaker by bringing together local travel leaders to discuss issues impacting the industry.
4. Highlight the positive ways that your legislators are supporting travel in both traditional and social media.
5. Continue to follow-up with your policymakers throughout the year to build a lasting relationship that will pay dividends for travel for years to come.
Need help pulling your event together? Have questions about an issue you’d like to raise? Looking for a specific resource? Contact the coaches:
We want to know how you’re “blitzing” your congressional delegation. Send updates to email@example.com